The Zimbabwe AIDS Orphans Society supports the education and general wellbeing of some 400
children in Zimbabwe. As is the practice in Zimbabwe, the orphaned children live with their extended
families. However, they can rarely afford to pay for the children to go to school or get medical help.
Only too often they cannot even afford to pay for their food.
You can help the children go to school safely in their own community!
Unaffiliated Finnish charity takes your support to those who need it most
- The Zimbabwe AIDS Orphans Society has neither political nor religious affiliation.
- Donations go in full to support the children in our programme in Zimbabwe
- In Finland, the low administrative expenses are covered by membership fees and all work is
done by volunteers.
- Our community centre in Dzivarasekwa, a poor suburb of Harare, provides a daily hot meal
for the children and gives them a safe place where they are given extra lessons and IT
tutoring, enjoy music, singing and sports, and receive guidance for their daily lives.
- We support sustainable development through our tree planting and environmental
- Our 25 years’ experience of working with orphaned children in Dzivarasekwa has given us
valuable local knowledge.
- The Finnish founders direct delivery of the programme.
- We are highly respected in both Zimbabwe and Finland.
- You, too, can get involved by making a donation, working as a volunteer or sponsoring a
child of your own.