Dzikwa Trust Fund, employing a small number of recruited staff, is responsible for the practical application of our activities in the field. Dzikwa is an abbreviation of Dzivarasekwa and means ”strong foundation” or ”well rooted” in the Shona language. Established in 2002, Dzikwa Trust Fund has the task of planning, managing, implementing and controlling our child support activities. Zimbabwe’s Aids-Orphan Society channels all donations it collects directly to Dzikwa Trust, which is a major contributor to securing orphan’s schooling and well-being in Dzivarasekwa, as well as a major employer in this poor suburb. People rely on Dzikwa in many ways and schools and children’s caretakers know Dzikwa well.
Effective Operative Team
Finnish founders and project leaders Seppo Ainamo and Oili Wuolle lead the Dzikwa Trust Foundation’s operational team in Zimbabwe. In addition, Dzikwa’s operations frequently include volunteers and interns.
- Accountant Prince Samson: financial reporting, budgeting, banking, cash managing and cashflow reporting
- Field worker Levita Chenera: Children’s schooling and well-being, connections with schools and government officials
- Chief of admissions Priscilla Takawira: supervising the activity center and kitchen, coordinating forest- and environmental education efforts, sports events, and children in boarding schools
- IT-teacher Nyaradzai Matiza: responsible for shelter and football academy, choir leader
- Teacher Alouis Sagota: Responsible for cultural activities and extra lessons
- Dzikwa also employs 5 kitchen staff, 4 security guards, 2 cleaning personnel, a field worker in forest, and another employee.
Operations are supervised by the board of Dzikwa Trust Fund
The chair of Dzikwa Trust was chaired by Stephen J. Chifunyise , former Secretary of the Ministry of Education, cultural artist and country’s most famous playwriter. The Board of Directors also includes Kantor & Immman’s shareholder and lawyer Unity Sakhe as a secretary, Chairman of the Friends of Dzikwa Society, Marah Hativagone , Business Manager Paxina Parirenyatwa and the founder and leader < Seppo Ainamo . Local Authorized Auditors (Registered Public Auditors), Ralph Bommnet, from Greenacre & Reynolds is responsible for checking Dzikwa Trust accounts.
Friends of Dzikwa is responsible for local fundraising
The Friends of Dzikwa Society was established in May 2009 as an open non-governmental organization in Zimbabwe. The association is registered as a private voluntary organization (PVO), as required by the law. The purpose of the association is to support the operations of the Dzikwa Trust Fund and to raise funds and other resources in Zimbabwe. The chairman is Mr Stephen Gwasira. Other board members are: Mr. Dumisani Mutatiwa, Mrs. Priscilla Takawira, Mrs. Cynthia Maweni, Mr. Douglas Mawere, Mrs. Selina Chiruzi and Mrs. Sharon Wallet. You can also see Dzikwa Notarial Deed of Trust and Friends of Dzikwan statute